The Preventative Aftercare program provides in-home, community-based services to children, families and young adults throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio and Colorado.
Each Preventative Aftercare program will accept referrals based upon contractual agreements with the designated county or state. Generally,
- Referrals can be made by the contracting agency directly to the PAC staff or supervisor or by contacting the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs.
- Referrals are accepted based upon the appropriateness for youth to be maintained in their home with structured routine and support system.
- If needed, an interview may be completed with the youth and family by the Counselor/ Social Worker to further assess the appropriateness of the youth for the program.
- A letter of acceptance or rejection with identified reason will be provided to the referring agency.
Exclusionary criteria for referrals include but are not limited to:
- Physical aggression toward staff.
- Mental health issues beyond the scope of treatment within a community based program.
Review by the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs could allow an admission of a youth who would otherwise be precluded by the above criteria.
For further information, you may contact the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs at 724-458-9330, ext. 2101 or via email at [email protected].