The Preventative Aftercare program provides in-home and community-based services to children, families and young adults throughout Pennsylvania, Ohio and Colorado.
Each Preventative Aftercare program will accept referrals based upon contractual agreements with the designated county or state.
- Referrals can be made by the contracting agency directly to the PAC staff or supervisor or by contacting the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs.
- Referrals are accepted based upon the appropriateness for youth to be maintained in their home with structured routine and support system.
- If needed, an interview may be completed with the youth and family by the Counselor/ Social Worker to further assess the appropriateness of the youth for the program.
- A letter of acceptance or rejection with identified reason will be provided to the referring agency.
Exclusionary criteria for referrals include but are not limited to:
- Physical aggression toward staff.
- Mental health issues beyond the scope of treatment within a community based program.
Review by the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs could allow an admission of a youth who would otherwise be precluded by the above criteria.
For further information, you may contact the Vice President of Support and Community Based Programs at 724-458-9330, ext. 2101 or via email at [email protected].